Cloud Support Engineer
Exp Required: Minimum One year Experience
Job Description: The primary job responsibilities of the cloud support engineer are to work in coordination with the IT department to develop and support Microsoft Azure, IBM, AWS Nxtgen cloud, windows or Unix infrastructure. They usually provide technical assistance on windows, cloud-based systems, and resolve operational problems. The professional will also assist in the administration of cloud service and a Windows server environment. Here are some of the additional cloud systems administrator responsibilities that come under the job purview. As a requirement, cloud support engineers should have good knowledge of Cloud platforms IaaS , SaaS, PaaS, Exchange, Office 365, Azure, AWS, SQl Servers and other Windows-based technologies. The ability to configure VMs and Web Applications are added advantage to become a cloud system administrator.
Cloud Support engineer position responsibilities
- Install and configure the Cloud Management application for the provider (for example, AWS, Azure, or VMware)
- Configure and fine tune cloud infrastructure systems(Azure, AWS, IBM, Nxtgen)
- Install and configure virtual cloud instances and SQL servers
- Support cloud servers including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting.
- Establish Virtual Private Networks (IPSec and SSL VPNs) to customer environments
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and next-generation firewalls deployment (NGFW)- Fortigate, Sonicwall, Sophos etc
- Configuring and installing various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Network security, LAN and WAN experience.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Maintaining and administering cloud computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Develop scripts for automating client/server functions
- Monitor automated systems recovery solutions
- Define and activate provisioning rules
- Define and activate tagging rules
- Define change control parameters for cloud resources